When you ask a professional chef what is their favorite thing in the kitchen, knife will be the most common answer that you will get. You may wonder how knife can be the best item in the kitchen but it is true that knife is one of the most useful items in the kitchen. It is the cutting tool that helps in making clear and smooth cuts in the kitchen. It is genuine that chefs are not going to prepare any food item as a whole; they cut fruits, veggies and meat for cooking. When you are about to buy the kitchen knife you should check the following three aspects of the knife to pick the best knife for you:
- Edge Retention
- Tensile Strength
Visit the site http://www.cutitfine.com/ to know more about the best reviews of the best types of kitchen knife. Before that here you can check out the most popular types of kitchen knives.
Types of kitchen knife on the basis of blade material
Generally the steel blade knives are popular around the world because of their sharp edges.
- Stainless steel: This type of knife blade material is one of the most widely used in all types of knife. It neither rusts nor corrodes on reaction with any kind of substance. Also, its sharpness is retained for a longer time.
- Carbon steel: This type of knife blade material is used since very long time. Although, it has the sharp edges but it can easily react with some ingredients like onion, eggs and acidic food. Even it leaves the color and a tinge taste on the food item that is cut with it.
Types of kitchen knife on the basis of blade style
On the basis of blade style you can have following knifes
- Chef knife: This is one of the most common types of knife that can be found with all chefs. It is the multipurpose knife that has straight edge. It is used for chopping, dicing, mincing etc.
- Bread knife: This type of knife has the serrated edge that helps in cutting of bread and fruits smoothly by penetrating into the soft skin.
- Peeling knife: It has hollow ground edges by forming the concave side on the mid of the knife blade. This type of knife blade is very dull, thin and more brittle. It is basically used for peeling, skinning and slicing.